Lithuanian artist Dannie Fade arrived with a bang in 2019 with a debut release on the Sinchi label which gained raves reviews from a plethora of top international dj’s and press. His unique sound is a mixture between light and darkness, and this mix showcases his taste to great effect. We are big fans and recommend keeping a eye on this promising artist.
1) Introduce yourself?
My name is Daniel Jurevič, I’m a music producer and DJ based in Vilnius, Lithuania.
2) What have been your highlights from the last 12 months?
My music career only began last year but I’ve already released single on Sinchi, with remixes from Tolouse Low Trax and Roe Deers. Plus two remixes released on “P P P” and “Partyzanai Pop” labels.
3) What do you have lined up for the coming year?
Looking forward to my upcoming EP on “Partyzanai Pop”, also I have few new tracks ready and a free download track coming soon.
Also some new gigs and many more tracks are planned for the rest of the year.
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
Daniel Avery – Naive Response would be my top pick.
5) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months?
It is really hard to tell which one was the best, as I was exploring a lot and found so many talented producers with really great tracks. I can only say that probably Locked Club – Punk Navsegda was played the most.
6) What is the last record you bought?
“Irak’ EP by Locked Club, released by Boysnoize Records
7) Whats your number 1 go to track of all time?
Donna Summer – I Feel Love
8) Who or what are your biggest musical influences?
I like industrial and dark vibes, distorted, acid sounds so my biggest musical influences are Locked Club, Identified Patient, Schwefelgelb and Years of Denial.
9) Tell us about 3 DJ’s / Producer’s we may not know but should be looking out for?
There are many talented folks out there, amongst others; Neud Photo, Man2.0 and Jaroška.
10) What is your favourite Venue or Festival to play at and why?
I was recently playing at ‘Kablys Club’ which was really awesome and wild because of the energy of the crowd. Still there are awesome places here in Lithuania, such as ‘Opium Club’ which is perfect because of the quality of the sound, events and people. As a newcomer I didn’t had a chance to play at festival, but my top pick would be ‘Yaga festival’ or ‘DT Camp’ because of the atmosphere, vibe and people.
11) Do you have a ritual before you start playing or straight after?
Big smile, energy and a beer would be my starter kit
12) What is your favourite bit of kit? (Music production)
Usually I record live instruments and then work some magic with the sound, making it as interesting to listen to as possible.
13) What is your favourite film score?
M01 謡I – Making Of Cyborg (Ghost in the shell)
14) What is your dream destination?
15) What makes you smile?
It could be many things such as music, people, nature or anything else, I’m a positive person so smiling is part of my life.