Sinchi & Friends 60 features Lithuania’s rising star Zakmina. He may be young but he’s made quite a name over the last year with a string of excellent original productions and we’re expecting even bigger things to come. This 2 hour mix showcases his dark and trippy tastes and is a great way to get to know one of the exciting new names in the scene.
1) Who are you?
Hello. I’m Lukas Zeringis. I am 22 years old and been creating music for over half of my life.
2) What have been your highlights from the last 12 months?
I started Zakmina project by releasing Drama EP half a year ago. I’ve released 3 EP’s on Nein Records and another on Night Noise. Plus had many really nice gigs in my lovely home country.
3) What do you have lined up for the coming year?
At the end of this summer, I have an EP on Birds Of Paradise imprint Sulk Magic. A few months later, another EP on Jason Peters, San Francisco based label Roam Recordings. My first remix for Tronik Youth on his latest album. Then featured on a remixes LP at the end of the year on Nein and new EP next year on the same label.
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
I wouldn’t exclude any track. The mix is full of proper music, so all tracks are very tasty.
5) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months?
Prefab Sprout – Cars and Girls.
8) Who or what are your biggest musical influences?
Depends on the day and the mood.
9) Do you have a ritual before you start playing or straight after?
A good ritual is when you finish your set and can’t remember any track you played.
10) Tell us about 3 DJís / Producerís we may not know but should be looking out for?
Bwana, Tom Demac, Sascha Funke are favourites right now.
11) What is your favourite and or Venue / Festival to play at and why?
In Kaunas is standing solid underground club Lizdas. In Vilnius thereíre two bangers Kablys and Opium clubs with specific vibe, you can choice which today is for your sound.
12) Best advice for anyone coming into the scene, either as a Producer, DJ or Promoter?
Do not copy what your friend DJ is playing. Be yourself.
13) Do you think there is inequality or disbalance in dance music, whether it is gender or race? If yes, what do think can be done?
I think that everyone is listening what they want, like and what they feel.
Favourite writer / scientist / painter / philospher? Stephen Hawking
Favourite out of genre music? Rock, 80s/90s POP.
Favourite film score? The Matrix Soundtrack by Rob Dougan.
Secret studio / DJ trick? Check your final mixdown in your smartphone speakers.
Guilty Pleasure? Listen to the same song a lot of times per day.
One piece of music you canít stand? EDM
Favourite way to unwind? Being with friends and tripping in beautiful Lithuanian forests .
If to live in a lost civilization or culture, which one would it be? Take a red one and go straight to Matrix.
What makes you smile? People