Sinchi & Friends 41 comes from rising star of the Mexican electronic scene Rigopolar . We’ve been big fans of his productions for some time and reckon there’s much more to come. This mix was inspired from his recent visit to Mar de Cortez, Baja California where he said the nights are magical… in his own words ‘this mix is a trip to the desert and to those nights in the middle of nowhere’.
1) Who are you?
I am Menio Brown a.k.a. Rigopolar, Mexican electronic music producer born in the north of the country in a full mooned September night of 1982.
2)What have been your highlights from the last 12 months?
I’ve been in the shadows of my studio cooking new dishes, EP’s, and remixes.
3) What do you have lined up for the coming year?
My new EP “Greater” will be released in July by Nazca Records. Right now I’m finishing some remixes for Italo Brutalo, Swing Atoms (Mx) and Tronik Youth, after this I will begin working on a new EP. Surely there will be more stuff coming for the end of the year.
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
Curses – Canini (Original Mix)
5) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months?
Superpitcher – Howl (Original Mix)
6) What is the last record you bought?
John Coltrane / A Love Supreme
7) Who or what are your biggest musical influences?
The universe, where we come from and where we are going, evolution, questions that come up every day. Everything is an influence.
8) Do you have a ritual before you start playing or straight after?
Simple: Mezcal (before and after).
9) Who is your favourite DJ? Not including yourself 😉
My favorite DJ is someone who can tell a story, send a message, has something to say…I have several on my list.
10) Tell us about 3 DJ’s / Producer’s we may not know but should be looking out for?
Jonathan Kusuma /LUM /Golden Bug…surely you know all of them but I really love their sound!
11) Favourite art besides music? The art of beer crafting
12) Favourite writer / scientist / painter / philosopher? Nikola Tesla
13) Favourite out of genre music? Psychedelic Rock
14) Favourite film score? Pulp Fiction
15) Favourite bit of kit? Electroharmonix memory man deluxe
16) Secret studio / DJ trick? Compression
17) Guilty Pleasure? Live Norteño Banda, it’s crazy
18) One piece of music you can’t stand? Reggaeton…everything is awful
19) Favourite way to unwind? A little mezcal opens the door…alone
20) If to live in a lost civilization or culture, which one would it be? Lemuria
21) Blissful ignorance or harsh reality? Blissful reality
22)What makes you smile? My son
23) Ultimate aspiration in life? I don’t think I have a last one…