Number 26 in the Sinchi & Friends series is Acid Washed . A two-man process following the blueprint devised by Richard d’Alpert and Andrew Claristidge: two DJ’s keen on using modern and vintage equipment to create sophisticated electronics with a sharp pop aesthetic.
1) Who are you? I am Andrew Claristidge and I am French.
2) How would you describe your sound? Modern analog.
3) What are your plans for 2016? No plans. Always improvising! That’s my plan!
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now? Graf Horror Charly!
5) What was the last record you bought? Silver Apples – Clinging to a dream
6) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months? John Carpenter – Vortex
7) Late nights or early mornings? Both
8) Choice of footwear? Doc Martens
9) Baggy or slim? Slim
10) Favourite way of getting a little wonky? Whisky
11) Secret studio trick ? A secret stays a secret
12) Favourite mix of Oscillators? Korg Monopoly
13) Favourite frequency ? Low
14) Favourite writer / poet ? William S. Burroughs
15) Favourite out of genre music? In every genre I find something great
16) Glass half full or half empty? Hall Full, I am a positive person
17) Do you fit in or fall out? Fit in… I am an easy going person… A real Chameleon.
18) What do you see when you look in the mirror ? Me & myself
19) What colour is 80 – 100 hz? Who cares…
20) 606 , 707 , 808 or 909 … Or something else ? 707
21) New piece of kit you like? PO-12 by Teenage Engineering
22) Old piece of kit you like ? SPD6
23) Trance in 2 words? Long Trip
24) Favourite reverb ? Holygrail
25) Miley Cyrus … No!
26) Favourite film score? Walter Carlos – Clockwork Orange
27) Smooth or shaven? Smooth criminal
28) Future of electronic music? Dead like Disco
29) Something you do differently than most people? I am doing it always better
30) Where / Is there a line between creativity and insanity? I am always creative, I am not always insane…
31) One thing you’d most like to change about the world? Honesty
32) Blissful ignorance or cruel reality? I am cruelly ignorant
33) A god(s)? None
34) If to live in a lost civilization or culture, which one would it be? Maya
35) Favourite art besides music? Literature
36) Do you live up to your own expectations? I am ambitious
37) Critics… Yes always
38) A necessary evil… Drugs
39) How would your music have been perceived a century ago? Music out there from the future
40) How would your music be perceived a century in the future? Music out there from the past
41) Ultimate aspiration in life? HARMONY