Number 23 in the Sinchi & Friends Mix Series is our good friend @tomastassara all the way from Argentina, bringing a different flavour to the series. Certainly someone to watch our for and our pleasure to introduce…
1) Who are you?
I’m Tomas Tassara, 30 years old, from Argentina. I have a great passion for electronic music.
2) How would you describe your sound?
I would describe it as progressive, melodic and groovy, depending on the venue I play. I like to adapt and combine sounds.
3) What are your plans for 2016?
Luckily I am having a great year so far, with many gigs ands sharing the booth with some top international djs. My goals for the rest of 2016 are to keeping working in the studio… searching for the characteristic sound that drives me moving forward
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
I like them all! But if I have to choose something I would choose the music of Yokoo and the sound of the All Day I Dream label. I think that is great quality. Argentinian producers are always present in my mixes.
5) What was the last record you bought?
Cornucopia – The Day You Got Older and Stronger [Shanti Radio Moscow] It`s a sweet bomb!
6) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months?
I don’t think I can choose only one but I can name the artists that I have enjoyed the most: Yokoo, Hraach & Gorje Hewek.
7) Late nights or early mornings? The inspiration is in early mornings!
8) Favourite way of getting a little wonky? A bottle of jagger and a good dancefloor
9) Secret studio trick ? I think there are no tricks, you need practice and kilograms of patience
10) Do you fit in or fall out? Fall out sometimes
11) What do you see when you look in the mirror? I need a shave
12) A necessary evil… Alcohol
13) Smooth or shaven? Depende que haya que tocar
14) A god(s)? My best friend, she was the first to invite me a party and introduced me to this music.
15) Ultimate aspiration in life? Never quit and leave a good mark.