Next up in the Sinchi series is Moisees, co-founder (alongside Theus Mago) of acclaimed Mexican label Duro. Apart from curating a string of seriously high quality releases on the label, such as their latest offering Muy Duro III . Moisees is a seriously talented dj in his own right, and a regular at some of Mexico’s top venues. Furthermore, in addition to his contributions on Duro, he has contributed to a wide array of international labels such as Roam, Get Physical, Nein, amongst many others. Get a taste via the mix and interview below.
1) Can you tell us about this mix?
Hmmm this mix has some of my favourite tracks of the moment, my most recent remix for The Micronauts and some unreleased tracks coming soon on Duro.
2) Introduce yourself?
I’m Moises Ramirez, also known as Moisees, producer and DJ from Mexico City. I’m managing two record labels, Duro and Fauna Rêve, both of which I manage with Mateo, aka Theus Mago.
3) What have been your highlights from the last 12 months?
‘The Death Of Hope’ my latest EP on Duro. I also did a remix for Get Physical and some other cool labels.
4) What do you have lined up for the coming year?
More remixes and I will try to finish 4 EP’s.
5) Do you have a favourite track in the podcast?
All the tracks are amazing, but right now I’m in love with “Reznik & Mikesh – The Moon Landing Was A Hoax (Each Other Remix by Justin Strauss & Max Pask)”.
6) What tracks have really stood out for you in the last year and why? (i.e, dancefloor bombs, originality, inspiration)
- Theus Mago – Rave Dave
- Rigopolar – Esperial
- Paulor – Space Ship (Vitalic Remix)
7) Who or what are your biggest musical influences?
Miles Davis, psychedelic rock, rave culture, synthesizers, audio gear, books, movies…
8) Tell us about 3 DJ’s / Producer’s we may not know but should be looking out for?
All from Mexico:
- Undefined Pattern
9) What is your favourite Venue or Festival to play at and why?
I love to play in small clubs with long sets.
10) Do you have a ritual before you start playing or straight after?
Not really, on stage I only try to enjoy the moment, be aware, and connect with the dance-floor.
11) What is your favourite bit of kit?
I love the sound of the Buchla Easel V synth.
12) What is your favourite film score?
Difficult question… Star Wars, bye.
12) What makes you smile?