We’re very happy to introduce duo BarumBarum from Macedonia who are the latest artists to join the Sinchi label and we are expecting a very bright future. Their EP ‘Ritual’ is out on the 24th May. Watch out for premieres on Les Yeux Orange, Liquid Youth and Whypeopledance this week. In their own words ‘ This mix is inspired by the beautiful music that we listen, chosen tracks, artists and the style that is kept in the mix are very similar to us. Contemporary dance music of the world, spiced with some dark synths and guitars’.
1) Introduce yourself?
Two guys from the crazy Balkans, fanatics for music.
2) What have been your highlights from the last 12 months?
We started living together to make music a little earlier. Then we released our first official release with an EP named ‘BarumTonen’ on Skopje based label ‘PMG Recordings’. Our second EP ‘ Ritual’ is for Sinchi and features two remixes from the rockstars ‘Khidja’ and ‘SHMLSS’. With this release we support the preservation of indigenous culture and knowledge. And soon after, we have another track of ours included in Sinchi’s first artist compilation. Anyway, the most valuable is the connection with Sinchi.
This is a one way journey, on the train of fantastic 🙂
3) What do you have lined up for the coming year?
We work all the time, on new concepts for future tracks . Also, playing in clubs and on festivals in Skopje.
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
Theus Mago – Smokey Red Lights (Arthur Johnson Remix)
5) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months?
Vox Low – Some Words Of Faith
6) What is the last record you bought?
‘Bela Ptica Crn Bran’ an album from Pikolomini.
7) Whats your number 1 go to track?
Morphine – The other side
8) Who or what are your biggest musical influences?
We grew up playing in alternative bands, from rock&roll and new wave to electronic music. And we think many present artists went via the same road. We could mention folklore and byzantine culture, Yugoslavian new wave bands from 80’ till now, darker part of Seattle grunge, Morphine …., and contemporary electronic music you hear in the mix. You can sense all the influences up until today in our music.
9) Tell us about 3 DJ’s / Producer’s we may not know but should be looking out for?
Goran Trajkovski, Robotek and Aurum Miles.
10) What is your favourite Venue or Festival to play at and why?
Burning Man. Because its held in a parallel universe. We love traveling through dimensions 🙂
11) Do you have a ritual before you start playing or straight after?
Yes, we came to a ritual naturally. Seen from now, there is that thing that repeats, a ritual.
12) What is your favourite bit of kit?
Closed HiHat from TR – 808
13) What is your favourite film score?
Anastasia from “Before the rain”
14) What is your dream destination?
Planet Earth. 🙂 Living from and for the music.
15) What makes you smile?
Smoking a joint 🙂