We’re delighted to welcome Dimitri Veimar to the series . Currently in Barcelona for Sonar week, we caught up with him a few days earlier. The man from Moscow now spends his time between Russia and Berlin and counts Tiga, Daniel Avery and Erol Alkan amongst others as big fans. In his own words about the mix he said ‘I always have been more into break beat and electro and this mix is 100% broken and fits me 200%’.
1) Who are you?
My name is Dimitri Veimar and i make music.
2) What have been your highlights from the last 12 months?
I did another release on Turbo Recordings and had a great party with Tiga last month, which i can describe as one of the best so far.
3) What do you have lined up for the coming year?
The closest one is the upcoming release on Turbo on June 22nd. Also there’re more of them in 2019 but i can’t say anything just now.
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
The first one , it’s a track by Ukrainian dude “Voin Oruwu”, who is doing great production for as long as I follow his music.
5) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months?
DJ Seinfeld – Sakura
6) What is the last record you bought?
Jean-Michel Jarre – The Concerts in China
7) Who or what are your biggest musical influences?
I’m constantly looking for guys like Or:la, Jensen Interceptor, Dean Greneir, Benedikt Frey.
8) Do you have a ritual before you start playing or straight after?
No. not really. I prefer to be fully loaded before my set because it takes a lot of energy.
9) Tell us about 3 DJ’s / Producer’s we may not know but should be looking out for?
Pilo, , Norwell, Zeta reticula & Helga Neuer
10) What is your favourite and or Venue / Festival to play at and why?
The Haçienda – i think there’s no need to explain why 🙂
11) Best advice for anyone coming into the scene, either as a Producer, DJ or Promoter?
Stay professional first, then go wild when it’s done.
Favourite photographer – Helmut Newton
Favourite out of genre music – Silence in the mountains.
Favourite film score – Ex drummer
Secret studio / DJ trick – Drop some Indian music in the middle of the set.
Guilty Pleasure? – 400 + h.p. cars
Favourite way to unwind? There’s a town in Bali called Ubud, when i’m feeling overwhelmed I get a one way ticket.
If to live in a lost civilisation or culture, which one would it be? Honestly our civilisation is a top notch, we can get everything we need without moving our asses from the couch.
What makes you smile? Smart people.