Sinchi & Friends 52 are Milan duo Younger Than Me . Having featured a couple of track premieres from them this year on , they have become a firm favourite in a short period. We’re sure even bigger things are just around the corner for them and happy to feature this mix which represents their signature style… a crossover of Post-Disco, New-Wave, House and Electronic with 80’s and 90’s influences.
1) Who are you?
Hi, we are Younger (Francesco) Than Me (Marcello), mainly two good friends with the same passion for electronic music and club culture.
2) What have been your highlights from the last 12 months?
2017 was an important year for us, we started this project 3 years ago, and the first release was out two years ago but this year it has really taken off and it looks like Younger Than Me is on the right path.
3) What do you have lined up for the coming year?
We will be more focused on studio production in the coming years and there is some big news coming with both new labels and collaborations… You want something else? Probably U.K. Label and who knows…with a Dutch one too? We will see
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
Francesco: the closing track “Vinyl Blair – The Trancespotter , 1993,
Hard Hands rec.” really love it!
Marcello: “boy harsher — motion”
5) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months?
Francesco: Timothy ‘Heretic’ Clerkin – Recursive (Marlon Hoffstadt’s Infinity Mix)
Marcello: The Magic Ray – The Tuning of the Road (Khidja Remix)
6) What is the last record you bought?
Adam And The Ants – Prince Charming
7) Who or what are your biggest musical influences?
Francesco: This is a difficult question, I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, but i think New Order, Happy Mondays, LCD Soundsystem, Moby, Bowie and Joy Division are the biggest ones.
Marcello: I’m in love with new romantic and synth pop period, Visage, Bronsky Beat, John Carpenter but I also love Ennio Morricone ,Hans Zimmer and Vangelis.
8) Who is your favourite DJ? Not including yourself 😉
I think Andrew Weatherall for both is the number one ,he’s real guru !, John talabot when was out “fin” and gerd Janson for sure.
New entry in our fav is Vladimir Ivkovic, what amazing selector?!!!
9) Tell us about 3 DJ’s / Producer’s we may not know but should be looking out for?
Dj Normal 4 / Mekine U Teksi / The Backwoods
10) Do you think there is inequality in dance music, whether it is gender or race? If yes, what do think can be done?
This answer is super actual atm, this year as you know, RA choose to not post any charts for best dj’s & producer of the year, and their motivation was exactly the inequality of gender chart ( too much hetro men).
But, to be honest, there are a lot of great women djs with a lot of hype and gigs everywhere like Avalon Emerson, Borussiade, Lena Willikens, Virginia and many others.
11) Do you think the gap between the mainstream and the underground is getting closer or further apart? Is this a good or bad thing?
Mainstream vs Underground: a fight long many years, but what is underground? And when it became Mainstream? If you made good music and you had success with it,you will probably become mainstream for “the haters”, but where’s the shame if you can earn and live with yours music?
Now we are young and absolutely not famous artists but for us the important thing is and will always be to make good music and give emotions to everyone that listen to our music and our sets too.
12) Favourite art besides music?
Gourmet Foods, photography and modern arts
13) Blissful ignorance or harsh reality?
Blissful ignorance for sure! Hahaha