Sinchi & Friends 38 comes from Drew K all the way from Australia, both DJ and Promoter, he’s built a great following with his mixes for various online platforms. Well he got our attention and happy to share another quality mix through the Sinchi series. Enjoy
1) Who are you?
Hi! I’m Drew K from Australia.
2) What have been your highlights from the last 12 months?
Toilet training my 3 yr old son & getting a mix aired on Sinchi!
3) What do you have lined up for the coming year?
More mixes & maybe some original music (if I can fit it in).
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
Love em all mate!
5) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months?
Roy Blues – Pyramid.
6) What is the last record you bought?
Cin Cin 06 – New Jackson & Elliot Lin. Cracker!
7) Who or what are your biggest musical influences?
90s Sasha for programming & I always keep an eye out for Ewan Pearson’s work.
8) Do you have a ritual before you start playing or straight after?
Pat head Rub belly x 3
9) Who is your favourite DJ?
Kezokichi – great programmer & an exquisite selector.
10) Tell us about 3 DJ’s / Producer’s we may not know but should be looking out for?
Yarni, Pino, Jascha Hagen
11) Favourite art besides music? Film
12) Favourite philosopher? Not sure but I enjoy Mark Bailey (Man2.0) & Geoff Kirkwoods (Man Power) facebook ramblings…
13) Favourite out of genre music? ‘Adult oriented disco’ I think they call it
14) Favourite film score? Predator
15) Favourite bit of kit? Ableton Live
16) Secret studio / DJ trick? 3 beers beforehand.
17) Guilty Pleasure? Love, Actually.
18) Bad DJ good records or Good DJ bad records? Good records… although flow & programming is what separates the great from the good.
19) Favourite way to unwind? Sunday BBQ
20)What makes you smile? Breakfast in bed
21) Ultimate aspiration in life? Live Free Die Hard