Mix number 31 in the series is the brilliant Eskimo Twins. Tim and Nathan initially met as students in Leeds and have gone on to forge an amazing partnership both as a formidable DJ duo and gaining international recognition for their own productions. We’ve collected a number of their vinyl releases over the years and we’re in good company with the likes of Mr Weatherall, a known champion of the pair. So delighted to have them involved, you can hear from the guys themselves below…
1) Who are you?
Hello, we’re Tim and Nathan, sometimes known to some as Eskimo Twins. Makers of electronic music made, in part, with the dancefloor in mind. We also play records to people in public places.
2) How would you describe your sound?
It’s aways tough to objectively describe what you do, but we make kind of acidic house/techno. Only more indie-disco than that sounds..
3) What are your plans for 2017?
Starting off with a big holiday and a reset of the batteries. We’re also going to get a new computer for the studio, scrap a loads of plugins and programs and start afresh. Hopefully with a view to creating something a bit different from what we’ve done before.
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
They’re all really good, especially the S. English & Daze tracks, but favourite at the moment is probably the Barker & Baumecker one, it’s a bit of an industrial odyssey.
5) What was the last record you bought?
The last physical record I bought was a Cambodian pysch record. A reissue of record that came out in the early 1970’s. An odd but charming mix of surf rock, late 60’s UK/US hippie rock and warped vocal reverb.
6) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months? (Include both one of your own and somebody else’s)
Crikey, so many to choose from… I’m not going to over think it! First thing that comes to mind is Dance.. While The Record Spins by Kornel Kovacs, have played it at every gig since summer & it’s amazing.
Favourite of ours this year is probably The Fridge Click. I think it’s one if the finest pieces of techno we’ve ever produced.
7) Late nights or early mornings? Both
8) Baggy or slim? Tailored
9) Favourite frequency ? Kenneth’s
10) Favourite writer / poet ? Haruki Muarkami
11) What do you see when you look in the mirror ? More grey hairs and wrinkles every day.
12) 606 , 707 , 808 or 909 … Or something else ? Kick, 808 Snare and hats, layered clap.
13) Old piece of kit you like ? Our beautiful Juno 6
14) Trance in 2 words? Guilty pleasure
15) Favourite film score? Star Wars. Of course