Mix Number 13 in the Sinchi & Friends series is AWITW. We’re happy to feature another member of the NightNoise family. Nico aka AWITW brings us something completely different to previous guest mixes. Something dreamy, experimental and a fusion of music crossing many genres. Enjoy
1) Who are you?
I’m a 30 yo guy, passionate about music since childhood, I spend all my time in it. I discovered electronic music at the age of 14 and began to compose soon after.
2) How would you describe your sound?
I have tried several different styles, but for the last two years I have focus on sounds from the 80’s, that have always inspired me, so I would say that today my music is a mixture of nu disco and retro wave, but I’m still trying other styles as I go.
3) What are your plans for 2016?
In 2016 I am releasing a downtempo EP and a nu disco album on Night Noise, a retro wave album on the Future 80s Records label , and a single on a new Parisian label, Prospective recordings, I have no precise dates but all this must will come this summer. I’m very happy so far this year and looking forward to creating even more music.
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
It’s hard to answer this question but I never get tired to listen to the first track of the mix, Goodnight Morton by Radioactive Man, discovered in 2001 on an independent radio in Nantes, Prun ‘, I discovered a lot of music on this radio SHOW, and this track marked me.
5)What was the last record you bought?
Exhibitionist 2 by Jeff Mills
6) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months?
It’s still hard to answer this question, but I discovered a track that gave me a big slap, Love Somebody Else by Maceo Plex, I love the deep house sound of this track
7) Late nights or early mornings? Late nights for sure
8) Choice of footwear? Retro sneakers, nike air 90 or vans
9) Baggy or slim? Slim
10) Secret studio trick ? Make a side-chain from Reason’s Redrum
11) What do you see when you look in the mirror ? A boy who will not grow
12) Trance in 2 words? Feeling weird
13) Favourite reverb ? Tsar Reverb from Propellerhead’s racks
14) Favourite film score? Ghost in The Shell
15) Ultimate aspiration in life? Walking in the woods