We’ve been looking forward to the 5th mix in the Sinchi & Friends series for some time. And pleased to share a mix and interview from another one of our Night Noise stable mates, Josef Laimon aka MiddleSkyBoom.
1) Introduce yourself?
Josef Laimon, the rabbi’s daughter
2) How would you describe your sound?
Local rings. Jewish flings with hyperactive wings.
3) What are your plans for 2016?
Relocation , happiness and colourful releases
4) Which track in the mix is your favourite right now?
Marvin & Guy- PJB
5) What was the last record you bought?
I don’t buy much records to be honest. So the last one must be – Arthur Russell – Indian Ocean.
6) What is your favourite track of the last 12 months? (Include both one of your own and somebody else’s)
Including my own feels bizarre – but i’ll go for; Maz’tomeret
Other; Nicola Cruz-Mantis
7) Late nights or early mornings? mornings by far
8) Choice of footwear? Into sport shoes lately
9) Baggy or slim? Slim in the middle
11) Secret studio trick ? No drugs
12) Favourite frequency ? 200 HZ
13) Favourite writer / poet ? John Cooper Clarke
14) Favourite out of genre music? Jazz
15) Glass half full or half empty? Bottles
16) What do you see when you look in the mirror ? My friend Darel behind me
17) What colour is 80 – 100 hz? Green
18) New piece of kit you like? Nord drum
19) Favourite reverb ? R-verb
20) Miley Cyrus … Cute boy
21) Favourite film score? Any Wes Anderson
22) Smooth or shaven? Shaven
23) Future of electronic music? Divided Melodies
24) Something you do differently than most people? Backwards thoughts
25) One thing you’d most like to change about the world? Jealousy
26) Blissful ignorance or cruel reality?Blissful ignorance
27) A god(s)? I’m a True believer
29) Favourite art besides music? Literature
31) How would your music have been perceived a century ago? Quite better I assume
32) How would your music be perceived a century in the future? I wonder too
33) Ultimate aspiration in life? Health and love. Yes, yes its all about that